For the travel freaks who are looking forward to enjoying the realm of nature this time in December, there is an opportunity for them to taste the tranquility and serenity of Himachal Pradesh for we are going to summarize for them the beauty of its best 15 destinations in words!
- The very first place that strikes the mind of tourists is Kufri, the winter Wonderland with its temperature ranging between -4 degree Celsius to -10 degree Celsius. However, one can visit this place to witness the snow covered floors that look really beautiful.
- If you are an adventure lover, then Rohtang La is definitely a place for you. It is immensely abounded with the beauty of mother nature and it connects the valleys of Himachal Pradesh Manali & Lahaul and Spiti, it is the best place for the thrillers, who are looking forward to bike riding in the mountains.
- The cold desert mountain, Spiti Valley is a beautiful destination which is housing in itself the snow capped mountains. However, its temperature ranges between -1 to – 5 degree Celsius during the day and can be as low as – 20 to – 25 degree celsius at night. River rafting is a popular activity. One can visit Buddhist monasteries and Chandratal lake.
- Switzerland of India or Khajjiar presents the most exclusive snowfalls and is known to be the most liked place by the tourists. The temperature fluctuates between 5 to 12 degree Celsius and one can go for Golden Devi Temple and Sankat Mochan Temple too.
- For those who are looking forward to tasting the yummy delicacies of a newer place, then Parashar lake is definitely the place for them. It is not only popular for its local delicacies but one can also visit the Devnal Temple, Trokada temple and Triloknath Temple there. During the day it’s average temperature ranges between 8 to 12 degree Celsius while at night the temperature may drop down to as low as -5 degree Celsius.
- Located at an altitude of 3647 above the sea level is the Churdhar which is the highest peak in Shivalik Range. With a temperature of around 15 degree Celsius, it is one of the best places to visit in Himachal Pradesh where one can witness the Shirgul Maharaj Temple and Bijjat Maharaj Temple.
- Standing in the Parvati Valley and engulfed by the green mountains, is the Kheerganga which is the one of the best villages in Himachal Pradesh standing at a height of 2690 m. Its temperature remains at almost 15 degree Celsius and you can witness the Rudra Nag and Sheshnag waterfalls and also take a bath in hot sulphur spring to get relief from fatigue.
- Surrounded by the captivating hills is the Mushroom capital of India or Solan which was named after Shoolini Devi, a Hindu goddess and for this reason It stays at the top list of being a historical place maintaining its temperature at 15 degree Celsius. One can trek to Karol ka Tibba, Gurkha fort, Tibetan monastery. Nearby places like Kasauli and Parwanoo can also be visited.
- Popular for its apple orchards and ethnic Lifestyle, standing at an altitude of 2690 m and surrounded by the snow covered mountains is Kalpa, from where one can have the magnificent view of The Shivling on the Kailash Mountain that changes colour during different time intervals. The average temperature stays at 8 degree Celsius.
- If you are having the goal of trekking, biking, skiing rappelling, paragliding and Quad biking, then you should opt for Mashobra which is a place popular for its Pine forests and wonderful Gardens. It is the best picnic spot and its average temperature is maintained at 14 degrees celsius
- Visit Tosh to witness the beauty of Tosh Glacier and the Tosh river. This place is situated in the Parvati Valley at an altitude of 7874 feet.
- For the lovers of tranquility and calmness, Barot is the best place to visit. There is no rush and Hustle of the people, so one can relax in the lap of nature and also travel to Dev Pashakot temple and Uhl river. With the permission of the government, one can indulge in the activity of fishing too. The average temperature is 12 degree Celsius.
- Mcleodganj is known as little Lhasa. It is a blend of Indian and Tibetan cultures which can be witnessed by the tourists on their visit. The place serves yummy delicacies before the visitors and is set up at a temperature of 12 degree Celsius. You can have the view of Bhagsu Falls, Bagalamukhi and Dal Lake.
- The dream destination of most of the tourists is Shimla, which is the capital of Himachal Pradesh. Sightseeing is a popular activity at Shimla along with trekking, skiing, paragliding and Quad biking. One can shop from the exclusive shops at the Mall Road. The place is popular for Vice Regal Lodge Christ Church and Indian Institute of Advanced Studies for sightseeing. The average temperature of the place is 12 degrees celsius.
- Then comes the most versatile and the most famous place of Himachal Pradesh namely Manali, which is popular for its luxurious hotels which offer tasty food. It is a house of Snow covered Rohtang Pass and Hidimba temple. The place is best for those who are interested in adventurous activities like paragliding, trekking, biking etc.
So what are you waiting for? Just pack up your bag and get the most exclusive experiences at Himachal Pradesh!